1. GEOGRAPHICAL SITUATION
Cameroon, officially the Republic of Cameroon, is a country in Central Africa, located in the Gulf of Guinea. It is one of the few African countries open to six neighbouring countries, as it is bordered by Nigeria to the West and North, Chad to the North-East, the Central African Republic (CAR) and Congo to the East and Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and the Republic of Congo to the South. Cameroon's coastline lies on the Biafra Bay, which is part of the Gulf of Guinea and the Atlantic Ocean. The southern rainforest has vast timber reserves, estimated at 37% of Cameroon's total area. The country covers a total area of 475,442 square kilometres.
- Technical Secretariat : M. AKENCHUI Thomas Telephone : +237 677 48 88 32
- Reception, Security and Leisure Commission: Mrs NNA EKONO Hermine. Telephone: +237 699 87 47 23
- Communication Commission: Mr OBOUN NYEBE Williams Paul. Telephone: +237,664,306,762
- Finance and Logistics Commission: Mrs SOULEYMANOU MERAMA épouse TOMBI à ROKO. Telephone: +237,676 22 92 65
The best time to visit Cameroon is during the winter period in Europe, from December to February, which is the major dry season and the sunniest time of the year.
Cameroon's tropical climate is semi-arid in the north, and humid and rainy in the rest of the country. Almost everywhere, there are two dry seasons (December to February and mid-June to mid-August). Average temperatures are between 70 and 80° faraday (about 20°C), although they are lower in higher altitudes.
Delegates, board members, staff and observers will pay their own hotel bills. Here is the list of hotels, prices and number of rooms available for this period. All rooms are equipped with TV, air conditioner and Wi-Fi.
Number of rooms : 257
Rate (USD) BB : 250 $
Contacts and customer service staff :
PO BOX 11852 Yaoundé. Tél : 222 23 36 46
Mont Febé Hotel
Number of rooms : 191
Standard room : 108 USD
Executive room : 135 USD
BP : 711 Yaoundé. Tél : 222.21.40.02
Site web :
Number of rooms : 257
PO BOX 2659 Yaoundé. Tél : 222.20.03.46
Fax : 184.108.40.206
Djeuga Palace Hôtel
Site web : https://www.djeuga.com/
Hôtel La Falaise
Number of rooms : 117
BP : 5300 Douala. Tél : 6220.127.116.11/
Cameroon has four (4) mobile telephone operators: Camtel, Nexttel, Orange Cameroon and MTN. Orange Cameroon and MTN have set up a system of phone shops that will remain open from morning to night and offer a variety of services including Orange Money and MTN Mobile Money for secure mobile-to-mobile money transfer, 3G, 4G mobile phone accessory. There are several cybercafés that offer services and stay open late into the night (10:00 p.m.).
Most tourist accommodations are currently equipped with wifi, which is available free of charge to their guests.
In Cameroon, the local currency is the Central African CFA franc. It is the currency of six (6) independent Central African States: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon. Its exchange rate with other currencies is based on a fixed exchange rate between these currencies and the Euro on foreign exchange markets. The exchange rate of the CFA franc against the Euro has been relatively stable for several years. The BEAC CFA franc is pegged to the Euro at 1 Euro = 655.957 CFA and to the US Dollar at 1 CFA = 0.0019 USD. In Yaoundé, there are several exchange bureaux and banks where you can exchange your euros and US dollars. Debit cards are generally accepted, especially in the major cities where you will easily find ATMs.
1. Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative PCR test result for Coronavirus (COVID-19). The test must have been carried out no later than three (3) days before departure from the first point of boarding.
AIRPORT HEALTH SERVICE
• Check the temperature of each arriving passenger;
• Ensure disinfection of passengers and their cabin and hand luggage, as well as shipments, cargo and mail;
• Collect completed tracking forms and health declarations from each passenger to enable rigorous contact tracing to reduce the risk of imported transmission chains;
• Ensure rapid screening of all passengers who do not have an adequate COVID-19 test result;
• Isolate any passenger who shows symptoms of COVID-19 at landing;
• Provide special arrangements for the reception of holders of diplomatic passports and other personalities on official mission in Cameroon.
2. Some basic rules:
Dirty food and water can cause diarrhea and other illnesses in travellers. Reduce risk by adopting healthy eating and drinking habits.
• Cooked and hot food
• Hard-boiled eggs
• Fruits and vegetables washed with clean water or peeled
• Pasteurised milk products
Do not it
• Food served at room temperature
• Food from street vendors
• Raw eggs or soft (runny) meat
• Unwashed or raw meat or fish
• Unpasteurised milk products
• “Bushmeat'' (monkeys or other wild game)
• Sealed bottled water
• Disinfected water
• Ice made with bottled or disinfected water
• Carbonated drinks
• Hot coffee or tea
• Pasteurised milk
• Tap and well water
• Ice cream made from tap or well water
• Drinks made from tap or well water (such as reconstituted juice)
• Unpasteurised milk
Ask your doctor if it is possible to take prescription and over-the-counter medicines during your trip in case you get sick.
The 20th century Notre Dame des Victoires Cathedral; the National Museum of Yaoundé; the Benedictine Museum of Mont-Fébé; the Mvog-Betsi Zoo; the Mefou National Park; the Ethnographic Museum of the Forest Peoples; the Reunification Monument; the Blackitude Museum; the Saint Anastasie Wood Park; Ecopark; the Cathedral of Peace; the statue of Charles Atanagana; the Ebogo Tourist Site.
Several airlines fly to Cameroon, including AYSKY, Kenya Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Air France, Air Côte d'Ivoire, Turkish Airlines, Brussels Airlines, etc. Some of these airlines offer direct flights to Cameroon.
Delegates and observers shall pay for their own air tickets. Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport is located 27 km (16 miles; 40-80 minutes) south of the capital Yaoundé, near Nsimalen in the Central Region of Cameroon.
A VIP lounge will be available at Yaoundé Nsimalen International Airport to accommodate all participants. To this end, delegates are advised to send their flight schedules early enough.
A personalized reception, cars and protocol service will be provided for the Executive Director and VIP guests from the airport to their hotel.
A bus will be provided for the rest of guest.